Archive for the Brush Supplier Category
We have been a supplier of abrasive brushes in Texas for long. For more than 25 years, Hight Brush focused on the formatting of abrasive brushes in different brush configurations. This concentration has given us a great understanding of the capabilities as well as applications of the abrasive filament brushes. We have even developed the process flexibility for modifying the features of the tool to optimize it for a particular application.
Most of the applications of our abrasive brushes are deburring. Although the inherent flexibility of filament makes it perfect for finishing the uneven surfaces, it even serves to limit the cutting ability. While the abrasive filament brushing tools do remove the material, it tends to be advantageous towards sharp edges and burrs. The desirable applications are usually those where the edge radiusing or/and burr removal is needed without impacting dimensional tolerances of the part negatively.
Variables of the abrasive filaments include the filament diameter, abrasive grain size, abrasive loading and filament diameter. The filament diameter increases with increase in the size of the abrasive grain. Because of the filament flexibility, there exists no direct connection between other abrasive formats grit size & the abrasive filaments. Smaller is the filament diameter, better it is. The smaller filaments bend and can recover easily making them less prone to fracturing.
More filaments may occupy a given space putting more abrasive in contact with workpiece. The selection of grit size is even a function of the specific application largely. But the majority fall between 80 & 180 with 120 being applied mostly. Both silicon carbide & aluminum oxide grains are available. The silicon carbide filaments are gray while aluminum oxide are brownish orange. Silicon carbide is applied most commonly with a loading of about thirty percent by weight.
We have constructed a few brushes that had a polyurethane backing into which looped abrasive filaments were anchored. Looping of filaments in backing make the fiber pull-out impossible virtually. The even, controlled and distribution of the filaments across the brush’s face is unique to abrasive brushes of Hight Brush. The ‘full lace’ style offers a greater filament density than the competitive products. This provides longer life & effective finishing.
Successful use of abrasive brushes is a function of matching the attributes of brush to the particular application. Grit size, filament diameter, filament length and filament density are all the brush construction variables. Change in any of them will affect the way the brushing tool performs & could mean the difference between successful & unsuccessful application of the brush.
Hight Brush’s manufacturing procedure is quite flexible. Any aspect of the tool can be modified or altered independently to suit a specific use. For special applications, we have designed special brushes that have their own attributes in order to provide our clients with the most efficient and effective brush for their specific needs.
Miniature industrial brushes are the best solution for finishing, deburring and cleaning hard to reach areas. Hight Brush, an industrial brush supplier in Texas, carries miniature brushes in cup, wheel and end brush styles, which come in different materials.
Miniature cup brushes
These are mainly used in hard to reach areas, which need precision deburring as well as finishing. They are made for blending the surfaces, light deburring as well as light cleaning. These tools are available in two sizes-1” and 5/8”, and selection of materials-they are just ideal for tightest applications and are made in brass, stainless steel, soft bristle and stiff bristle.
Miniature wheel brushes
Available in 1-1/2”, 1-1/4”, 1/4”, 1”, 3/4” sizes, these miniature brushes come with nylon, brass, stainless steel, soft and stiff bristle. They are ideal for areas that are hard to reach and where precision is important. They are best for use in Dremel-type tool.
Miniature end brushes
The miniature end brushes of Hight bush are perfect for applications, which need precision deburring as well as finishing in the hard to reach areas. These tools are manufactured with brass, soft bristle, stiff bristle and stain steel. So, you can be sure to find the one that you need for your job. Available in different sizes such as 1/4”, 3/16” and 5/16”, they are best for use in Dremel-type tool.
For carrying out the cleaning jobs inside the industrial area different types of tools are required. The industrial brush manufacturers supply a wide variety of cleaning equipments, which include tube cleaning, wheel, chimney, abrasive, conflare, stem-mounted and many more kinds of brushes. To manufacture these cleaning devices, a wide variety of materials like steel, brass wire, wood, copper and stainless steel are used.
Compared to the stainless steel and steel, brass wire types are softer. They help to carry out great brushing actions and are scratch resistant in nature. Here we have discussed about the types, specifications and applications of brass wire brushes.
Brass wire types are available in various formats — crimped, strip, twist knot, cup, end, wheel, power, file card, thread, disc, flare, bore, scratch, hand, twisted-in-wire, wire-broom and coil-shaped. These are available in different shapes and sizes. In order to meet the specific environmental situations, the brass wire brushes suppliers also manufacture customized wire brushes. Sometimes brass-plated steel and other alloy are even used in the manufacturing process to meet the specific demands of the industries.
- These tools are most suitable cleaning options for brass and copper coated machineries. The brass wire or bronze wires does not generate spark if struck against any metallic surface and are best suited for any kind of explosive environments.
- As these cleaning items are excellent conductors of electrical energy, they are most suitable to apply for static reduction. The brass wire types are corrosion resistant and are appropriate for using in an environment having 300°F constant temperature.
- Crimped brass wires are used which varies between 0.004”- 0204” in diameter.
- The diameter of the level brass wire in the staple or twisted knot brushes ranges between 0.014” to 0.016”.
- Alloy 260 is used in manufacturing brass wire which is composed of 70% copper and 30 % zinc.
- Some specific features include straight wire, crimped wire, knotted or twisted knot tufts, cable twist, stringer bead etc.
Various applications of brass wire brush
- Cleaning the parts of the machineries where there is high chance for fire or explosion.
- Cleaning satin finishing aluminium extrusions or sheets.
- Cleaning plastic extrusion parts which include dies, molds and extruder barrels.
- Removing dirt from various metal parts without removing the base materials.
- Used in the industrial environment for static reduction.
- The stillf-wire types are used for aggressive scrubbing, heavy duty brushing, scratching, removing material applications, descaling, stripping of coatings, etc.
To get more information about these industrial cleaning tools, stay connected to our blog!
The hole cleaning brushes are generally used in the industrial areas to clean the interior surface of internal threads, bore, cylinder, drill holes and internal surface of the pipes. These hole cleaning brushes or tube brushes are manufactured using hi-carbon steel, nylon or brass bristle.
Many brush manufacturing companies offer both hand operated and power driven hole cleaning and tube cleaning brushes. These brushes are very much useful in cleaning the areas inside the drilled holes before installing adhesive anchor. These are also termed as bottle brush, pipe cleaning brush, interior brush and twisted wire brush. If you are in need of such brushes you can purchase them from a reputed industrial brush distributor online.
Three types of hole cleaning brushes are discussed below:
Stainless steel wire hole cleaning brushes: These wire hole cleaning brushes are specially designed with stainless steels for cleaning the internal areas of a pipe or related surface effectively. They can clean the loose materials and ducts in an effective manner. These wire brushes are provided with corrosion resistant bristles and the stems are coated with galvanized steel. Such materials provide great flexibility and help to carry out the cleaning task with much ease.
Micro deburring tube brushes: These brushes can be used for micro deburring, removing small imperfections, internal surface cleaning. They are specifically designed for thru hole application. You can get these brushes in different size and diameter mostly featured with stainless steel construction.
Miniature abrasive tube brushes: Miniature abrasive tube or hole cleaning brushes are the tools designed to deburr and clean the holes that are drilled closely in the non- metallic and metallic parts. The flexible quality of these brushes provide better cleaning as they can easily retain the shapes compared to the wire-fill brushes. These are mainly manufactured for power cleaning. Silicate, aluminium-oxide and silicon carbide are used for manufacturing these brushes.
To know more about hole cleaning brushes stay connected to our blog!
Almost in all industrial areas wire brushes are used to carry out various tasks. The wire bristles provided in these brushes are suitable for polishing, delicate finishing, deburring and for other heavy cleaning jobs. Standard wire brushes are available in different materials like stainless steel, brass wire and carbon steel brushes. These brass wire brushes are softer compared to the stainless steel type. These brushes are best to apply in the areas where surface scratching is strictly prohibited like satin or luster finishing.
Different types of brass brushes are available in the market which includes stiff, extremely soft, crimped or straight brass wire brushes. Wooden, metal and plastic base are basically used in these type brushes. If you are in need of these wire brushes then you must contact with the brass wire brushes suppliers that provide all these varieties.
Various types of brass wire brushes are discussed below:
- Brass Spiral Brushes: These brass brushes are provided with single stem, single spiral having small diameter and a twisted wire tube. Usually galvanized stem wires are used to create the fill materials of the brush. You can use these brushes for cleaning cylindrical cavities of hard materials and also for drilling orifices. In order to add extra strength to these brushes, heavy duty double spiral and double stem with threaded shanks are provided. Other than brass, stainless steel and carbon fiber materials are also used to manufacture these brushes.
- Brass Wire Cylindrical Brushes: Brass wire cylindrical brushes are most suitable for using on non-ferrous metals. Compared to other varieties, these brushes provide less aggressive finish. Such type of brushes are specially designed for deburring, cleaning and polishing of pipes, tubes, cylinders, bottles, etc. You can get these brushes in various sizes and use them depending on your requirements.
- Miniature Tube cleaning Brass Brushes: These miniature tube cleaning brushes are used for cleaning and de-burring cavities and small holes. Man-made fibers, wires and wide range of bristles materials are used to produce these brushes. These brushes are provided with sturdy loop handles which makes them easy to use. These brushes are very safe to use and provides effective cleaning and polishing services.
- Burr, Deburring Brass Brushes: These brushes are ideal for cleaning inner portions of machines cylinders or inner bores of tubes and pipes. These types of brushes usually have high density and are single spiral brushes. The closely packed bristles of these deburring brushes provide effective cleaning within shortest period of time.
To get more information about the brass wire brushes stay connected to our blog!
Air ducts are generally made up of metal sheets and are hollow tubes. These are found in various shapes like rectangular, square or round and are mainly responsibl for channelizing cool or heated air throughout a building. This process will get hampered if the air pipes are not maintained properly. Accumulation of dirt will affect the proper functioning of the air ducts and regular cleaning will ensure their efficient functioning. Using hole cleaning brushes for cleaning the ducts can give a better result and help to maintain healthy air within the building. You can get such brushes from brush stores or from online brush supplier. At the time of cleaning the ducts you may find pollens, toxins, rodent droppings, dust, etc. If not cleaned regularly these allergens are blown out will create trouble in breathing and also cause allergies.
The cleaning process includes the following steps:
The certified cleaning professionals will first inspect the air ducts and the HVAC system to access what type of cleaning is required. Sometime they insert camera or mirror by removing the vent covers. Dust particles or pollens and other allergens may accumulate during the heavy rain or even due to leakage of water from the roof top. If you have pets inside your home then, furs or other rodents are found clogged inside the air ducts. Depending on the type and extent of debris the professional will decide the method which is appropriate for cleaning ducts.
The equipments for cleaning air ducts depend largely up on the cleaning companies. Generally special cleaning agents, air hose, filtration systems, hole cleaning brushes, vacuums, etc are used to clean the air ducts. Most of the time gas operated vacuum cleaners and trucks are found to be parked outside the buildings. These are responsible for providing powers to the cleaning tools. They are mainly aimed at cleaning the air vent pathways. If the presence of molds and bacteria are suspected during the assessment process, then the professionals carry out a lab analysis. Sometimes the cleaning is delayed if the proper cleaning agents are not determined.
The certified cleaning professionals will clean out the ducts with the help of special duct cleaning brushes. Then they use a vacuum cleaner to clean the dust and debris. In some specific cases, biocides, mold preventives, special cleaners are applied. Depending on the condition of your house the professionals cleaners will install ultraviolet lights, dehumidifier or filtration systems.
To know more about air duct cleaning equipments please stay connected to our Blog!