Archive for the Industrial Brushes Category
The origin of wire brushes is not known yet. However, it is believed that Romans used these kinds of tools when manufacturing their roof tiles. After the Roman Empire fell, the tool was no more in use. They are now made with 360 alloy and are very much resistant to rust and corrosion.
When it’s about brass wire brushes, they are softer than stainless steel wire or steel wire brushes. They provide a brushing action, which doesn’t rub harder metals. If your work piece is copper or brass, then tools that are made up of brass wire can be a very popular option. Brushes of these materials when used are not going to produce sparks if struck against different metallic surfaces. They are ideal for unsafe environments.
But other components of the brass wire brushes like shank or cup, steel side plate, may not offer the same non-sparking protection. Thus, make sure to assess the brush completely as well as its interaction with application before using the tool in any kind of hazardous environment.
However, brass wire is a great conductor of the electrical energy and is perfect for static reduction application if incorporated into strip brushes that are made up of brass wire. This means it is suitable for the operating environments that have a constant temperature of 300°F and is somewhat resistant to corrosion as well.
Popular uses of brass wire brushes
- Cleans plastic extrusion portions such as dies, molds as well as extruder barrels
- Cleans the parts of machines where sparks pose a risk of explosion or fire
- Cleans parts of metals without removing base materials
- Static reduction brushes for the industrial areas
The brass wire brushes suppliers sell these tools in different forms and shapes:
- Cup brushes
- Wheel brushes
- End brushes
- Twisted knot cup brushes
- Twisted knot wheel brushes
- Spiral wound cylinder brushes
For carrying out the cleaning jobs inside the industrial area different types of tools are required. The industrial brush manufacturers supply a wide variety of cleaning equipments, which include tube cleaning, wheel, chimney, abrasive, conflare, stem-mounted and many more kinds of brushes. To manufacture these cleaning devices, a wide variety of materials like steel, brass wire, wood, copper and stainless steel are used.
Compared to the stainless steel and steel, brass wire types are softer. They help to carry out great brushing actions and are scratch resistant in nature. Here we have discussed about the types, specifications and applications of brass wire brushes.
Brass wire types are available in various formats — crimped, strip, twist knot, cup, end, wheel, power, file card, thread, disc, flare, bore, scratch, hand, twisted-in-wire, wire-broom and coil-shaped. These are available in different shapes and sizes. In order to meet the specific environmental situations, the brass wire brushes suppliers also manufacture customized wire brushes. Sometimes brass-plated steel and other alloy are even used in the manufacturing process to meet the specific demands of the industries.
- These tools are most suitable cleaning options for brass and copper coated machineries. The brass wire or bronze wires does not generate spark if struck against any metallic surface and are best suited for any kind of explosive environments.
- As these cleaning items are excellent conductors of electrical energy, they are most suitable to apply for static reduction. The brass wire types are corrosion resistant and are appropriate for using in an environment having 300°F constant temperature.
- Crimped brass wires are used which varies between 0.004”- 0204” in diameter.
- The diameter of the level brass wire in the staple or twisted knot brushes ranges between 0.014” to 0.016”.
- Alloy 260 is used in manufacturing brass wire which is composed of 70% copper and 30 % zinc.
- Some specific features include straight wire, crimped wire, knotted or twisted knot tufts, cable twist, stringer bead etc.
Various applications of brass wire brush
- Cleaning the parts of the machineries where there is high chance for fire or explosion.
- Cleaning satin finishing aluminium extrusions or sheets.
- Cleaning plastic extrusion parts which include dies, molds and extruder barrels.
- Removing dirt from various metal parts without removing the base materials.
- Used in the industrial environment for static reduction.
- The stillf-wire types are used for aggressive scrubbing, heavy duty brushing, scratching, removing material applications, descaling, stripping of coatings, etc.
To get more information about these industrial cleaning tools, stay connected to our blog!
The hole cleaning brushes are generally used in the industrial areas to clean the interior surface of internal threads, bore, cylinder, drill holes and internal surface of the pipes. These hole cleaning brushes or tube brushes are manufactured using hi-carbon steel, nylon or brass bristle.
Many brush manufacturing companies offer both hand operated and power driven hole cleaning and tube cleaning brushes. These brushes are very much useful in cleaning the areas inside the drilled holes before installing adhesive anchor. These are also termed as bottle brush, pipe cleaning brush, interior brush and twisted wire brush. If you are in need of such brushes you can purchase them from a reputed industrial brush distributor online.
Three types of hole cleaning brushes are discussed below:
Stainless steel wire hole cleaning brushes: These wire hole cleaning brushes are specially designed with stainless steels for cleaning the internal areas of a pipe or related surface effectively. They can clean the loose materials and ducts in an effective manner. These wire brushes are provided with corrosion resistant bristles and the stems are coated with galvanized steel. Such materials provide great flexibility and help to carry out the cleaning task with much ease.
Micro deburring tube brushes: These brushes can be used for micro deburring, removing small imperfections, internal surface cleaning. They are specifically designed for thru hole application. You can get these brushes in different size and diameter mostly featured with stainless steel construction.
Miniature abrasive tube brushes: Miniature abrasive tube or hole cleaning brushes are the tools designed to deburr and clean the holes that are drilled closely in the non- metallic and metallic parts. The flexible quality of these brushes provide better cleaning as they can easily retain the shapes compared to the wire-fill brushes. These are mainly manufactured for power cleaning. Silicate, aluminium-oxide and silicon carbide are used for manufacturing these brushes.
To know more about hole cleaning brushes stay connected to our blog!
Almost in all industrial areas wire brushes are used to carry out various tasks. The wire bristles provided in these brushes are suitable for polishing, delicate finishing, deburring and for other heavy cleaning jobs. Standard wire brushes are available in different materials like stainless steel, brass wire and carbon steel brushes. These brass wire brushes are softer compared to the stainless steel type. These brushes are best to apply in the areas where surface scratching is strictly prohibited like satin or luster finishing.
Different types of brass brushes are available in the market which includes stiff, extremely soft, crimped or straight brass wire brushes. Wooden, metal and plastic base are basically used in these type brushes. If you are in need of these wire brushes then you must contact with the brass wire brushes suppliers that provide all these varieties.
Various types of brass wire brushes are discussed below:
- Brass Spiral Brushes: These brass brushes are provided with single stem, single spiral having small diameter and a twisted wire tube. Usually galvanized stem wires are used to create the fill materials of the brush. You can use these brushes for cleaning cylindrical cavities of hard materials and also for drilling orifices. In order to add extra strength to these brushes, heavy duty double spiral and double stem with threaded shanks are provided. Other than brass, stainless steel and carbon fiber materials are also used to manufacture these brushes.
- Brass Wire Cylindrical Brushes: Brass wire cylindrical brushes are most suitable for using on non-ferrous metals. Compared to other varieties, these brushes provide less aggressive finish. Such type of brushes are specially designed for deburring, cleaning and polishing of pipes, tubes, cylinders, bottles, etc. You can get these brushes in various sizes and use them depending on your requirements.
- Miniature Tube cleaning Brass Brushes: These miniature tube cleaning brushes are used for cleaning and de-burring cavities and small holes. Man-made fibers, wires and wide range of bristles materials are used to produce these brushes. These brushes are provided with sturdy loop handles which makes them easy to use. These brushes are very safe to use and provides effective cleaning and polishing services.
- Burr, Deburring Brass Brushes: These brushes are ideal for cleaning inner portions of machines cylinders or inner bores of tubes and pipes. These types of brushes usually have high density and are single spiral brushes. The closely packed bristles of these deburring brushes provide effective cleaning within shortest period of time.
To get more information about the brass wire brushes stay connected to our blog!
Air ducts are generally made up of metal sheets and are hollow tubes. These are found in various shapes like rectangular, square or round and are mainly responsibl for channelizing cool or heated air throughout a building. This process will get hampered if the air pipes are not maintained properly. Accumulation of dirt will affect the proper functioning of the air ducts and regular cleaning will ensure their efficient functioning. Using hole cleaning brushes for cleaning the ducts can give a better result and help to maintain healthy air within the building. You can get such brushes from brush stores or from online brush supplier. At the time of cleaning the ducts you may find pollens, toxins, rodent droppings, dust, etc. If not cleaned regularly these allergens are blown out will create trouble in breathing and also cause allergies.
The cleaning process includes the following steps:
The certified cleaning professionals will first inspect the air ducts and the HVAC system to access what type of cleaning is required. Sometime they insert camera or mirror by removing the vent covers. Dust particles or pollens and other allergens may accumulate during the heavy rain or even due to leakage of water from the roof top. If you have pets inside your home then, furs or other rodents are found clogged inside the air ducts. Depending on the type and extent of debris the professional will decide the method which is appropriate for cleaning ducts.
The equipments for cleaning air ducts depend largely up on the cleaning companies. Generally special cleaning agents, air hose, filtration systems, hole cleaning brushes, vacuums, etc are used to clean the air ducts. Most of the time gas operated vacuum cleaners and trucks are found to be parked outside the buildings. These are responsible for providing powers to the cleaning tools. They are mainly aimed at cleaning the air vent pathways. If the presence of molds and bacteria are suspected during the assessment process, then the professionals carry out a lab analysis. Sometimes the cleaning is delayed if the proper cleaning agents are not determined.
The certified cleaning professionals will clean out the ducts with the help of special duct cleaning brushes. Then they use a vacuum cleaner to clean the dust and debris. In some specific cases, biocides, mold preventives, special cleaners are applied. Depending on the condition of your house the professionals cleaners will install ultraviolet lights, dehumidifier or filtration systems.
To know more about air duct cleaning equipments please stay connected to our Blog!
Wheel brush is a type of industrial brush, which can be used to carry out various functions including cleaning, polishing, surface finishing, blending weld, deburring, stripping and removing rust, scale, paints, etc. Wide ranges of wheel brush are available in the market which can be applied for different purposes. These brushes are the right option to use with different types of robotic finishing equipments, hand-help grinders and bench grinders. You can get these brushes from a well known wire wheel brush supplier.
Various types of materials including copper, stainless steel, brass, and nylon are used to manufacture these wheel brushes. Most of these brushes are filled with crimped wires made up of synthetic and natural fibers.
Types of Wheel Brushes:
- Conflare Brushes: Conflare brushes come in stainless steel and high-quality carbon steel. Due to the presence of wire angles, these brushes are known to be durable compared to other brushes. You can use these brushes for a wide range of activities including deburring, removing of plastic flash, weld removal and carbon removal. The rugged feature of the conflare brushes help in carrying out tough cleaning tasks. These brushes do not widen or flare while using and are known to provide effective cleaning for both external and internal areas. You can get special dimension of these brushes only by requesting.
- Copper Center Brushes (Stainless): These are the most popular wheel brushes and are available within a reasonable price. They are an excellent solution for removing corrosion, burrs and scale removal in the narrow areas. The standard size of these brushes range within 4” diameter and the width of the brush face varies from 1/8” to 1/2”. The synthetic fill or the wire size depends upon the overall size of the brush. Different materials like brass, stainless steel, silicon carbide, aluminium oxide, nylon and high carbon steel are used to manufacture them.
- Knot Type Wire Wheel Brushes: These knot type wheel brushes are available mainly in two types-one is the Stringer bead knot type wire wheel (Stainless) and the other is Stringer bead knot type (Steel). The narrow face of the wheel brushes are best used for finishing small channels and also for preparing pipes before welding.
To get more information about wire wheel brushes stay connected to our blog!
Stucco is used as a decorative coating for ceilings and walls and as an artistic and sculptural material in the architecture. It can be used for covering up less visually appealing construction materials like cinder block, clay brick, concrete and adobe. It is basically a material made of a binder, water and an aggregate. It is applied wet and hardens to a dense solid. So, this means when applied to any surface, there are chances that stucco can drip. However, if it drips and dries up on the concrete walkway stone, removing it becomes a hectic job. Following the below mentioned steps can make your job easy and simple.
The things you will need for removing the dried stucco spills from the concrete walkway stone includes:
- A bucket of hot water
- Leather gloves
- Safety goggles
- A chisel
- A mason’s hammer
- A plastic scrub brush
- A solution of water and vinegar
Given below are the steps, which you need to follow to remove the stucco spills from the concrete walkway stone.
Soften the stucco
The stucco spills on the concrete walkway stone needs to be softened at first. You can soften it by using hot water. Pour some hot water over it and allow it to soak for about fifteen minutes.
Put on your safety goggles and leather gloves
Before starting to work, put on your eye protection and leather gloves. This is a must.
Use a chisel and a mason’s hammer to break apart the stucco spills
You should hold the chisel centered on the top of the stucco spill. Chiseling from top of stucco will not damage the stone beneath or the concrete. Tap the head of the chisel with a mason’s hammer until the chunk of stucco breaks apart. Move the chisel to various areas of the stucco spills for removing it entirely.
Remove the stucco residue with a plastic scrub brush
Scrub the residues (if any) of the stucco spills using a plastic scrub brush. You can get these kind of brushes from an industrial brush distributor. However, add water while scrubbing. If you are still not able to remove the stucco spot entirely from the stone surface or concrete, make a solution of vinegar and water and pour it in that area. Allow the solution to soak for a few minutes and then scrub it with the plastic scrub brush again. Keep on applying the solution unless the stucco spot is removed completely from the concrete walkway stone.
Don’t ever use wire brushes or acid for removing these hard substances from stone because both can damage the surface of the stone permanently.
Dispose the scraped substances
After you have scraped the stucco spills, dispose them in a trash bin.
For more tips and information stay tuned to our Hight Brush blog!
Platers brush: Hight Brush offers different kinds of platers’ hand brushes including curved handle platers brush, shoe handle platers brush and scrub and scouring brush. These brushes are manufactured inserting filament into the solid hardwood blocks available in various handle shapes for comfortable brushing. Platers brushes are available in stainless steel, nylon, brass, steel, bristle and in different trim lengths, filament rows and block sizes. They are designed for industrial cleaning in plating, metal finishing, military and aircraft industries. The less abrasive and softer filaments are perfect for buffing and polishing less scratch-resistant surfaces.
Shoe handle brushes: Shoe handle brushes are available in plastic or wood handles. They are ideal for use in medical manufacturing, automotive industry and industrial maintenance.
Manual operation tube brushes: These tools are available in a wide variety of materials like bristle, carbon steel, stainless steel and nylon. A bristle or nylon brush is appropriate for light applications, whereas a stainless steel tube brush is ideal for situations where corrosion can’t be tolerated yet stiffness is much needed. The brass tube brushes are best where too much abrasive action is not needed.
Power brushes: They are an important component for removing manufacturing byproducts, sharp edges and burrs. These brushes can be used in any kind of environment and on different kinds of surfaces like glass, steel, wood and aluminum. Hight Brush offers different kinds of power brushes like abrasive and wire cup brushes, copper center wheel brushes and end brushes to help in industrial finishing methods. They reduce cost and time considerations as they help in reducing defects caused by the material buildup while polishing efficiently and finishing the final products.
Stay connected to Hight Brush blog to get more information about industrial brushes.
Different kinds of industrial brushes are available. If you are not aware of what kind of brush is used for what purpose, choosing the appropriate tool for cleaning your industrial equipments will become difficult. Based on the equipment being cleaned, a particular brush is available, which if be used will not damage the material and result in a clean product with least scrubbing effort.
High quality twisted-in-wire industrial brushes are mainly used for flue cleaning and cross hole deburring. The flue brushes help in cleaning soot and carbon deposits from the pipes whereas the cross hole deburring tools help in removing the burrs with an ease and internally cleans the hard to reach areas.
These brushes are best for deburring, cleaning or finishing hard to reach areas. Hight Brush stocks miniature brushes in cup, wheel,end brush and several other styles.
Cylinder brushes are mainly used for cleaning conveyors. They are filled with materials like stainless steel wire, steel wire, bronze wire, brass wire , abrasive nylon and can be used for a number of purposes like glass cleaning, filtration screen cleaning, metal fabricating and many more.
End brushes are ideal for industrial cleaning applications where space restriction is an issue. Wire end brush applications include cleaning castings, polishing molds, brushing inner surfaces of the holes, spot facing, surface preparing for welding and flash removal.
Wheel brushes give straight line brushing action for cleaning, polishing, surface finishing, deburring, weld blending and paint and rust removing. They are appropriate for use with different kinds of hand-held grinders, robotic finishing equipment and bench grinders. Hight Brush, the industrial brush distributor, supplies a wide range of wheel brushes, ranging from copper center ones to huge wide faced ones. Most of the wheel brush styles are filled with natural or synthetic fibers or crimped wire.
To know more about industrial brushes, stay connected to Hight Brush blog.