Archive for the Tube Cleaning Brushes Category
Manuel Single Spiral Tube Brushes
Single spiral, single stem small diameter twisted wire tube brushes are generally used to hand clean the internal bore of drilled orifices, metal tubing and other kinds of cylindrical cavities in different hard materials. It is a sturdy brush intended to clean tubes. The features of this brush include the concentric bristles around hand axis & an uniform bristle wire handle with a hand loop that allows the hand to grip the tool comfortably and apply pressure for reaming the opening density from one end to another. The manuel single spiral tube brushes are available in brass, carbon steel, carbon fiber, brass and many other materials. They are also available in stainless steel. Larger diameters & in between sizes may even be made.
Wooden Handle 14” Tube Fitting Brushes
These brushes are great for different kinds of industrial use. They are used for cleaning holes, scoring & cleaning tubes. The wooden handle single spiral 2 wire construction brushes are easy to deal with. They are usually available in stainless steel, carbon steel and brass.
Micro Deburring Tube Cleaning Brushes
The micro deburring tube brushes are cross hole deburring brushes and are usually available in stainless steel. They are ideal for internal cleaning, removing micro burr, preparing surfaces and removing small imperfections. These brushes are designed specially for thru hole applications. You can get these brushes in sizes ranging from .024 thru ½ inches diameters.
Miniature Abrasive Tube Cleaning Brushes
These industrial tools are designed to clean and deburr holes that are drilled in close tolerance metallic as well as non-metallic parts. They are designed for retaining their shape better than the wire-fill brushes. These brushes are even flexible and will never degrade the straightness, diameter or surface finish of holes. Aluminum-oxide and silicate brushes are mainly designed for power use. If you want silicon-carbide brushes, you need to order them specially at Hight Brush.
Miniature Tube Cleaning Brushes
They are miniature brushes featuring 0.020″ to 0.125″ diameter. These brushes are mainly used for cleaning, deburring and reaming small cavities and holes. They are available in stainless steel, nylon and brass and are made with different kinds of bristle materials..man-made fibers and wires. The sturdy loop handle makes the brushes easy to handle.
Abrasive Tube Brush Silicon Carbide
These are twisted-in-wire brushes. These kinds of industrial brushes offer extra cleaning & cutting action in different kinds of applications, such as burr removal, cross hole deburring, removing small imperfections, preparing surface and internal cleaning. At Hight Brush, you can get high quality Mill-Rose brushes of this variety.
When the heating season comes to an end, there are many inexpensive and simple but important steps that maintenance personnel of the commercial buildings should take for preparing the boiler of the building so that they operate smoothly during the fall, summer and spring seasons. The maintenance personnel should do the following things for the proper functioning of the boiler:
Keep the boiler clean
A major cleaning is to be performed by a reputed company with proper equipment and skilled personnel. A prerequisite for a boiler to attain heat transfer efficiently is that the fire tubes should be free of scale as well as soot. Soot usually acts as a kind of insulation and may reduce efficiency of hear transfer from burner flame for boiling water on outside of tubes. This basically translates into the wasted energy and increased fuel bills. The build up of soot inside boiler can lead to other kinds of maintenance problems too. These problems are attributed in part to high sulphur content contained in the soot that creates sulfuric acid that may eventually corrode boiler tubes.
Try to control the buildup of soot
Tests, which have been performed by the heating plant engineers, municipalities and manufacturers of boiler have proven that even if its a soot in small amount, it can drain the efficiency of boiler by as much as twenty-five percent depending on the system. This amount of the wasted fuel then translates into the wasted dollars to a multi-family building. The boiler system thus needs to be cleaned completely on water & fire side. The clean heating surface leads to maximum transfer of heat and less heat up the stack.
Maintenance personnels are generally recommended to have a well equipped firm to do the task of major cleaning at the end of every heating season. This consists of wire brushing all fire tubes and vacuum cleaning of the boiler breeching, chimney base and chamber.
However, a lot of commercial buildings use the boilers all through summer, spring and fall seasons to offer hot water to the people of the buildings. The boilers, which burn heavier fuels throw off a remnant of soot into fire tubes. Getting periodic cleaning all through the fall, summer and spring months to keep fire tubes, tube sheets, reflecting plates and the chimney base free of the soot accumulations is all that’s important.
Check the boilers daily
At the time of summer and spring months, the maintenance personnel of the commercial buildings must check the boilers for leakage. All the tubes which might have been plugged in heating season must be changed and all the gasketing must be checked. Any open seams or leakage tubes must be attended as soon as possible. The boilers, which are used for generating hot water at mild weather months must get another major clean in fall just before the start of the heating season.
These are the few things that maintenance personnel should keep in their mind to ensure that the boiler is in a good condition all through the year.
A chiller basically represents a plant’s single largest electric load. When it is at its best performance, it saves a lot of energy and the maintenance cost. The efficiency of chillers has improved a lot during the last few years, mostly because of the new refrigerants, microprocessor controls, motor design and the improved compressor. It varies a lot with operating conditions. There are a number of variables that can affect the efficiency level of a chiller.
Here are a few tips that keep it riding high. You need to follow them for improving the chiller efficiency.
Maintain a daily log
Keeping a daily log is very important to maintain an efficient run chiller plant, which serves an office building. A log usually builds the history of the operating conditions. Although there are microprocessor controls that record more of the statistics, there isn’t any substitute for a daily written log that has everything about the daily inspections of controls in chiller room.
Make sure to keep the tubes clean
Chiller efficiency declines when the tubes become fouled. Contaminants like mud, minerals and others increase the thermal resistance and reduce the overall performance. They collect on the water side of heat transfer surfaces in the open-loop and closed systems. Then fouling occurs over time. Condenser water also damages the tubes and other materials. Always keep the tubes cleaned using tube cleaning brushes and other materials rather than cleaning it chemically.
Control water velocity
It is very important to regulate the flow rate closely because too low a rate minimized the efficiency level of a chiller leading to laminar flow. The minimum flow rate is around three feet per second. But too high a flow rate may lead to noise, vibration as well tube erosion. Maximum flow rate that’s recommended is around twelve feet per second.
Maintain a proper refrigerant level
The amount of cooling, which any chiller provides depend on how much the refrigerant it moves through a compressor per unit time. It’s vital to maintain the proper refrigerant level. Air, moisture and leaks decrease the efficiency and the system reliability. The low refrigerant charge, generally resulting from the leaks, cause compressor to work faster and attain less cooling result.
For a great motor operation, make sure to check safety as well as the sensor calibrations on the microprocessor controls. Have a look at the guidelines given by the manufacturer. Check the electrical connections of the chiller, switchgear and wiring for the hot spots and the worn contacts. Check out the shaft sea; on the open drive motors for refrigerant leaks and clean the motor cooling air vents to make the most of cooling.
If you have a new chiller and cannot justify complete replacement, do not give up! There are many things, which you can do for reducing the operating cost of it. Here are a few well known strategies, which you can use. When used together they can save about 5-25% of your cooling energy. Make sure to discuss with your chiller manufacturer or check out your chiller applications manual before changing the condenser water or chilled water setpoints.
1. For several years, chillers were controlled for supplying constant temperature water to building irrespective of its cooling load. But modern chillers can vary the chilled water supply temperature as cooling load lessens. By allowing water temperature to float at the time of low cooling load phases, savings of around 1 per degree rise in temperature are usual. This means rising of chilled water supply temperature by 5º F in average saves about five percent in the chiller energy. For doing this, chiller by some means should be able to sense at the time of reduced load. At times chilled water return temperature is utilized as the indicator. Systems, which ware more sophisticated will examine the worst zone. When temperature of this zone starts rising, chilled water temperature gets lowered.
2. Condenser water temperature setpoint control is an approach, which you can apply to the systems that use cooling towers. The cooling tower control programs maintain a consistent condenser water temperature by varying air flow rate. With decrease of outdoor wet-bulb temperature, condenser water temperature decreases as well. The consequence is less work for compressor and savings of 0.5% for every 1ºF decrease in the condenser water temperature.
3. The conventional chillers decrease in efficiency level when they are operated at a reduced load. The chillers sequencing in the multi-chiller systems makes sure that the most proficient combination of the chillers is in service to ensure that system is working at or highest efficiency. The chiller control systems often have the capacity of handling this function.
4. Pay close attention to set-point calibration, right water treatment as well as tube cleaning on a periodic basis using tube cleaning brushes for improving the efficiency level of the heat exchanger.
Although boiler is one of the best ways to provide and distribute heat to a dwelling, there are several things, which may reduce the efficiency of it. One such thing is a dirty tube. Boiler tubes may slowly be filled with dust and waste elements. This may cause fuel to burn less effectively thereby costing you a lot of money on energy bills. It is also a mere wastage of energy. However, you can check all these by keeping the boiler tube clean. Cleaning a boiler tube is a simple task.
The things you will need for cleaning the boiler tubes include:
- Tube cleaning brushes
- Lukewarm water
Here are the steps that you will need to keep in your mind while cleaning it.
- Before starting to do anything, you should first turn off the boiler. Use emergency shutoff switch for doing this and then wait for boiler to completely cool down. After the boiler cools down entirely, lay an old newspaper on floor for protecting it from any oil, dirt and any other thing that may stain it.
- You can open the boiler safely now. For doing that, you have to first take out the front cover. This will however, make the vent stack exposed-remove that also, exposing heat exchanger, tubes and burner assembly. That may be what you are actually looking for. Make use of an industrial brush for going over everything, which is exposed. You must be capable of getting rid of waste products in this manner. But the tubes inside portion may still be dirty.
- Remove the burner assembly entirely. How you actually do this may depend on the boiler you have. Sometimes, the full thing may just be one single unit and sometimes each of the burners may be a detachable one. If it is the former, remove the assembly and then disconnect pilot light with the wrench. But if it is the latter, make use of a clip at front for disconnecting the burner assembly from boiler.
- After you’ve separated the burner assembly, clean edges of the tubes using tube cleaning brushes and hit them lightly in ground to let all the debris come out. After you’ve done this, it is time for you to clean the bits that you are not able to reach. Once you’ve the complete burner assembly separated and outside the boiler, you may rinse it with lukewarm water. In fact, this is a great method to keep inside portion of the tubes clean.
- After you have cleaned the tubes thoroughly, put them back together. For doing this, reverse all steps you took previously. Lit the pilot light when you have closed the cover. In the recent models, there is only a switch to deal with. However, if the boiler is an older model, you will have to do this manually.
The hole cleaning brushes are generally used in the industrial areas to clean the interior surface of internal threads, bore, cylinder, drill holes and internal surface of the pipes. These hole cleaning brushes or tube brushes are manufactured using hi-carbon steel, nylon or brass bristle.
Many brush manufacturing companies offer both hand operated and power driven hole cleaning and tube cleaning brushes. These brushes are very much useful in cleaning the areas inside the drilled holes before installing adhesive anchor. These are also termed as bottle brush, pipe cleaning brush, interior brush and twisted wire brush. If you are in need of such brushes you can purchase them from a reputed industrial brush distributor online.
Three types of hole cleaning brushes are discussed below:
Stainless steel wire hole cleaning brushes: These wire hole cleaning brushes are specially designed with stainless steels for cleaning the internal areas of a pipe or related surface effectively. They can clean the loose materials and ducts in an effective manner. These wire brushes are provided with corrosion resistant bristles and the stems are coated with galvanized steel. Such materials provide great flexibility and help to carry out the cleaning task with much ease.
Micro deburring tube brushes: These brushes can be used for micro deburring, removing small imperfections, internal surface cleaning. They are specifically designed for thru hole application. You can get these brushes in different size and diameter mostly featured with stainless steel construction.
Miniature abrasive tube brushes: Miniature abrasive tube or hole cleaning brushes are the tools designed to deburr and clean the holes that are drilled closely in the non- metallic and metallic parts. The flexible quality of these brushes provide better cleaning as they can easily retain the shapes compared to the wire-fill brushes. These are mainly manufactured for power cleaning. Silicate, aluminium-oxide and silicon carbide are used for manufacturing these brushes.
To know more about hole cleaning brushes stay connected to our blog!
High quality tube cleaning brushes are required to maintain various machineries in the industries. These are basically specially designed brushes that help to perform different cleaning tasks in a lab the right way. These brushes are generally used to clean ducts, pipes, hoses, ultrasonic cleaners, glassware, baths, instruments etc. They are available in different shapes and sizes in the market. Galvanized steel wires and polypropylene handles are used to construct most of the tube cleaning brushes. Brushes having a narrow galvanized wire are especially designed to clean the difficult places of a container which demands regular cleaning. These brushes are durable and serves the purpose in an efficient manner.
Style and features of the tube cleaning brushes are given below:
- Thin Tube Cleaning Brushes: This is a specially manufactured tube brush mainly used to clean tubes, pipes or materials having a tunnel shape. The handles and bristles of these brushes are made up of polypropylene. These brushes are available in various shapes and sizes.
- Strong Spout and Tube Brushes: These are basically bend resistant and are used to clean long tunnel shaped industrial materials. They are available in single and spiral stem or may have long and short handle.
- Miniature Abrasive Tube Brushes: These tube brushes are very much flexible and are extensively used for cleaning the metallic and non metallic parts of the holes that are drilled in close tolerance. These aluminium-oxide and silicate brushes are used for power cleaning. They are available in single spiral or single stem and are made up of stainless steel, nylon or brass.
- Power Tube Brushes- These power tube brushes are available in double spiral and double stem design. You can use these specially designed brushes for polishing, burr removing, cleaning and bending. These brushes are more suitable to apply in the areas where heavy duty cleaning is required.
- Standard Abrasive Tube Brushes: Standard abrasive is also another form of tube brush. These are silicon carbide brushes and provide extra cutting and cleaning actions which includes cross-hole deburring, internal cleaning, surface preparations and removal of small imperfections, burr removal etc.
To get further information regarding tube cleaning brushes, stay connected to our blog!
Cleaning brushes are those brushes which efficiently cleans a variety of articles that are used for industrial purposes. The cleaning brushes are made up of nylon filament and fine hair. The following are the main types of cleaning brushes.
Tube cleaning brush - Tube cleaning brushes come in various shapes and sizes and are used mainly to clean air conditioning parts like condenser tubes and boiler tubes. It is an extremely useful device with great features. The following are the features:
- It is durable and last long
- It provides efficient cleaning
- It comes in different sizes
The material that is used in tube cleaning brush is nylon or steel and the measurement of the wire diameter ranges from 6 mm to 100 mm.
Welding cleaning brush - It is used for cleaning steel rust and weld. It is available in various sizes, which range between 3 to 12 row brushes. It has some attractive features like:
- It cleans efficiently
- It has a durable design
- Easy for maintaining and washing
Multipurpose cleaning brush - It is used for cleaning all types of articles and is made up material such as nylon, brass and aluminum. It cleans the articles gently without causing any damage to the article. It comes in four different sizes 9mm, 16mm, 19mm, and 25mm.The main features of multipurpose cleaning brush are:
- It is effective for cleaning all types of articles
- It is long lasting
- It is easy to use
Since it is made up of material like bronze, it helps in cleaning residue that is stubborn in nature from the metal surface since they require forceful scrubbing.
Floor cleaning brush - Floor cleaning brushes are used both in households as well as in commercial places. The main material used for manufacturing it is nylon, fibers from coconut and palm and their sizes vary from 150mm to 500mm in length. It has a very easy application and it is robust in nature.
Brass wire cleaning brush – It is mainly used for cleaning machine parts that are delicate, ornaments made up of silver and pharmaceutical rollers. As its name suggests it is made up of brass wires. It has rows ranging from 1 to 20.
The unique features of brass wire cleaning brush are
- It is effortless to use
- It makes cleaning effective and efficient
- It is available in competitive prices
- It needs less maintenance
Metal teeth cleaning brush - It is made up of material such as nylon, steel etc. It is mainly used for cleaning interior threads and groove. The main features include:
- Easy maintenance
- Long lasting