Archive for the Wire Wheel Brushes Category
Wire wheel brushes make light work of heavy duty cleaning, grinding off burrs and paint removal. They are intended for use on rotary tools like angle grinders. Rotation of this tool spins ends of wires on the cleaning brushes at a high speed for the operator to hold against the wood or metal objects. It is the wire brushes that make it feasible to clean the items which otherwise might have to be thrown off.
Here is how you should use these brushes:
- Loose the spindle with a special wrench, which comes with angle grinder. Pull off top portion of spindle washer and place the wire wheel brush on the spindle. Put the washer on over the wheel and tighten spindle nut over it.
- Wire brushes actually throw debris and dirt at a high speed and that may damage your unprotected skin or eyes. So, don’t forget to wear safety gears like safety glasses or goggles, protective clothing, face shield and heavy gloves for work.
- Secure the object you need of cleaning brush by using a vise or clamps. Avoid contacting the loose objects with spinning wheel brush.
- Hold angle grinder with rotation of wire wheel brush by turning away right from the item’s edge being cleaned. Rotation towards the edge may cause undue damage to wires.
- Make sure to hold this brush against objects with very little pressure so that the ends of wires rub all over the cleaning surface. Forceful pressure may cause breakage of the wires in brush.
- Stop cleaning occasionally. Take the brush off the spindle, secure and rotate it to spindle to cause rotation in opposite direction. Opposite rotation actually sharpens wire ends when you clean.
We are a wire wheel brush supplier. Get in touch with us to buy the tool for your purpose.
Wheel brush is a type of industrial brush, which can be used to carry out various functions including cleaning, polishing, surface finishing, blending weld, deburring, stripping and removing rust, scale, paints, etc. Wide ranges of wheel brush are available in the market which can be applied for different purposes. These brushes are the right option to use with different types of robotic finishing equipments, hand-help grinders and bench grinders. You can get these brushes from a well known wire wheel brush supplier.
Various types of materials including copper, stainless steel, brass, and nylon are used to manufacture these wheel brushes. Most of these brushes are filled with crimped wires made up of synthetic and natural fibers.
Types of Wheel Brushes:
- Conflare Brushes: Conflare brushes come in stainless steel and high-quality carbon steel. Due to the presence of wire angles, these brushes are known to be durable compared to other brushes. You can use these brushes for a wide range of activities including deburring, removing of plastic flash, weld removal and carbon removal. The rugged feature of the conflare brushes help in carrying out tough cleaning tasks. These brushes do not widen or flare while using and are known to provide effective cleaning for both external and internal areas. You can get special dimension of these brushes only by requesting.
- Copper Center Brushes (Stainless): These are the most popular wheel brushes and are available within a reasonable price. They are an excellent solution for removing corrosion, burrs and scale removal in the narrow areas. The standard size of these brushes range within 4” diameter and the width of the brush face varies from 1/8” to 1/2”. The synthetic fill or the wire size depends upon the overall size of the brush. Different materials like brass, stainless steel, silicon carbide, aluminium oxide, nylon and high carbon steel are used to manufacture them.
- Knot Type Wire Wheel Brushes: These knot type wheel brushes are available mainly in two types-one is the Stringer bead knot type wire wheel (Stainless) and the other is Stringer bead knot type (Steel). The narrow face of the wheel brushes are best used for finishing small channels and also for preparing pipes before welding.
To get more information about wire wheel brushes stay connected to our blog!